Spine Surgeon | Lake Worth, FL | (561) 296-2450 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Texas Back Institute
Fellow in Spine Surgery; 2006‑2007
Fellow in Spinal Arthroplasty; 2006‑2007
|University of Cincinnati
College of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine; 2001
|Duke University Medical Center
Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery 2005‑2006
Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery; 2001‑2005
Bachelor of Arts, Magna cum Laude; 1997
Activities, Honors & Awards
- Faculty Member, Society of Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS) 2008-present
- Faculty Member, Cervical Arthroplasty Surgeon Training, 2010-present
- Faculty Member, World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Techniques, 2014
- Faculty Member, Current Solutions in Spine Surgery 2012
- Visiting Professor, Koceali University Hospital, Koceali, Turkey, 2013
- Visiting Professor, Ankara University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey, 2013
- Course Director, Point/Counterpoint Spine Surgery Conference, Key West, FL 2011
- 102 Spine Surgery Practices to Know, Becker’s Spine Review, 2013
- Top 100 spine surgeon and specialist in America, Beckers Review, 2011
- Annual Award for Excellence in Orthopaedic Research, Duke University, 2006
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leader Inductee, 2005
- AOA‑OREF‑Zimmer Resident Leadership Forum, Duke Representative, 2005
- Reviewer, Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2005‑present
- Reviewer, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 2004‑present
- Course Instructor, Anatomy of the Spine and Extremities, Duke University Department of Biological Anthropology
and Anatomy, 2003
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2000
- President, American Medical Student Assocation, University of Cincinnati Chapter, 1998‑1999
- Orthopaedic Hand Surgery and Microvascular Summer Internship, Peter J. Stern M.D., 1998
- Captain, Vanderbilt University Men’s Golf Team, 1996‑1997
- Varsity Letterman, Vanderbilt University Golf, 1994‑1997
- 9 High School Varsity Letters (Golf, Basketball, Baseball)
- Guyer RD, Roush TF. Combined anterior/posterior fusion techniques. In: Phillips C and Lauryssen C editors. The Lumbar Intervertebral Disc. Elsevier 2009.
- Blumenthal, Geisler, Roush TF, Ohnmeiss DD. Simultaneous lumbar fusion and total disc replacement. In: Yue J, Bertagnoli R, McAfee P, An H editors. Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine. Elsevier 2009.
- Westberry DE, Davids, JR, Roush TF, Pugh LI. Qualitative versus quantitative radiographic analysis of foot deformities in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy. J Pediatr Orthop. 2008;28:359‑65.
- Roush TF, Olson SA, Pietrobon R, Braga L, Urbaniak JR. Influence of Acetabular Coverage on Hip Survival After Free Vascularized Fibular Grafting for Femoral Head Osteonecrosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2006;88:2152‑2158.
- Roush TF, Aldridge JM, Berger RA, Rizzo MR. Trapeziometacarpal arthritis does not correlate with abductor pollicis longus tendon insertions. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2005 May;(434):138‑142.
- Coonrad RW, Roush TF, Major N, Basamania CJ. The drop sign, a radiographic warning sign of elbow instability. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2005 May‑Jun;14(3):312‑ 7.
- Richardson WJ, Roush TF. Internet resources for spine care. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2004 May‑Jun;12(3):204.
- Roush TF, Crawford AH, Berlin RE, Wolf RK. Tension pneumothorax as a complication of video‑assisted thorascopic surgery for anterior correction of idiopathic scoliosis in an adolescent female. Spine 2001; Feb 15;26(4):448‑50.
- Roush TF, Stern PJ. Results following surgery for recurrent Dupuytren’s disease. J Hand Surg [Am] 2000 Mar;25(2):291‑6.
- Roush TF. Death: the great humbler. In: Macpherson CR, editor. Must I think about death? Now? Cincinnati: University of Cincinnati Press; 2000. p 107‑108.
- “Future perspectives in minimally invasive spine surgery.” World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Techniques, Paris, France 2014
- “Interfixated cervical implants versus traditional plated anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion for single-level cervical spondylosis.” Point/Counterpoint Spinal Surgery Conference, Key West, FL 2013
- “Current Applications in Endoscopic Spinal Surgery.” Dusseldorf, Germany; Istanbul, Turkey; Koceali, Turkey; Ankara, Turkey; Valencia, Spain; San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Lake Worth, FL 2013
- “Current Applications in Endoscopic Spinal Surgery.” Dusseldorf, Germany and Lake Worth, FL 2014
- “Current Applications in Endoscopic Spinal Surgery.” Surgeon Training, Dusseldorf, Germany and Lake Worth, FL, 2012.
- “Minimally Invasive, Pedicle Screw Based Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion.” Current Solutions in Spine Surgery, Duck Key, FL, 2012.
- “Interspinous Spacer Technology.” Point/Counterpoint Spine Surgical Conference, Key West, FL, 2012.
- “Cervical Artificial Disk Replacement.” Surgeon Training, Long Island, NY, 2011.
- “Lateral Lumbar Fusion Techniques.” Surgeon Training, Houston, Texas and Charlotte, NC, 2011.
- “Cervical Artificial Disk Replacement.” Point/Counterpoint Spine Surgical Conference, Key West, FL 2011.
- “Sacroiliac Joint Treatment Options.” Point/Counterpoint Spine Surgical Conference, Key West, FL 2011.
- “Minimally Invasive, Pedicle Screw Based Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion.” Surgeon Training, San Juan Puerto Rico, 2010.
- “Lateral Lumbar Fusion Techniques.” Surgeon Training, Boca Raton, FL, 2010.
- “Lateral Lumbar Fusion Techniques.” Surgeon Training, San Diego, CA, Detroit, MI, Philadelphia, PA and Cincinnati, OH 2009.
- “Lateral Trans‑Psoas Fusion Techniques in the Lumbar Spine.” Annual Meeting of the South Carolina Spine Society, Charleston, SC, 2008.
- “Interbody Fusion Using a Unique Trans‑sacral Approach.” International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques, Paradise Island, Bahamas, 2007.
- “Acetabular coverage influences hip survival in treatment of avascular necrosis of the femoral head.” Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, Pinehurst, NC, 2005.
- “Trapeziometacarpal arthritis does not correlate with abductor pollicis longus tendon insertions.” Annual Meeting of the Southern Orthopaedic Association, Hilton Head, SC, 2004.
- “The ‘Drop Sign’: An additional diagnostic modality for elbow ligamentous compromise.” Annual Meeting of the North Carolina and South Carolina Orthopaedic Associations, Charleston, SC, 2003.
- “Results following surgery for recurrent Dupuytrenâ€™s disease.” Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Boston, MA, 1999; Louisville‑ Indianapolis‑Cincinnati Hand Conference, Cincinnati, OH, 1999.
Extracurricular Activities & Interests
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, July 2009